The Netherlands / Monument
Plaque on the wall of the Roermond police station on the Andersonweg (Anderson road). On 6 June 1945, the plaque was unveiled on the other side of this building. On 7 July 1945, the street name was adopted by the city council. This was the first area of the city of Roermond to be entered by the liberators.
The liberation plaque reminds Roermond's inhabitants of their city's liberation on 1 March 1945 by the 15th Cavalry Group of the XVI Corps U.S. Army, under the command of Major General John B. Anderson.
Andersonweg 50, 6041JE Roermond