The Netherlands / Landmark
At the beginning of the Battle of Arnhem, the Roman Catholic parish house was set up as a first aid post for civilians.
At the beginning of the Battle of Arnhem, under the leadership of the local female doctor, Dr. A. van den Burg - van der Poel, the Roman Catholic parish house was set up as a modest first aid post for civilians. Among the first patients were crew members of a Stirling supply plane. This aircraft had crashed on September 19th 1944, after dropping supplies for the British troops over Oosterbeek. One of the other citizens who helped at the aid post was Cora Baltussen.