Italy / Landmark
Formerly the Palazzo Littorio, now the Justice of the Peace Offices, a public building commissioned by the Fascist regime, combining rationalist language with rhetorical and monumental forms.
With features and fittings typical of the period, the building became Palazzo Littorio in 1929 and was inaugurated in the presence of the National Secretary of the Fascist Party, Augusto Turati. Today it houses the offices of the Justice of the Peace.
On 12 May 1930, Mussolini visited Lucca. After a short speech from the balcony of the Palazzo Ducale in Piazza Napoleone, the Duce left the Palazzo del Governo by car to reach the Palazzo del Littorio and watch the medieval parade and the display of the great war machines.
Via Francesco Carrara 1, 55100 Lucca