Pays-Bas / Monument
On September 17, 1955, troops of the British 1st Airborne Division landed on the heath near Heelsum. This monument was unveiled just one year later. It was the first in the region to be erected by the population to commemorate the Battle of Arnhem.
The Airborne Monument in Heelsum consists of remnants of the airborne landings, such as equipment, airborne containers and a cannon. It was put together entirely by volunteers. It originally stood on one of the routes from the landing zones. When the road network was modified, it was moved to its current location.